Monday, January 13, 2014

LANGENHORN TO BERLIN....and LOTS of PICTURES!!! :D:D LANGENHORN [ HAMBURG ] / LANKWITZ [ BERLIN ]

The following is from two short emails Heidi sent to us today. 

January 13, 2014

"God Be With You Till We Meet Again."
"I'm Singin' in the rain . . . !"

I don't have that much time to write since I sent so many pictures.


My last days in Hamburg











                                                 Gonna miss these feet standing together . . .






Love this girl.  This was new years eve.  We had a great night with our ward mission leader, his wife, and little son.  Even did some fireworks! 



                                                              In front of the opera haus.





But holy crow mother, I can't even tell you how crazy it was to leave Langenhorn.

Sister Darrington said she has never seen such a farewell.

I can't even write about all the people, explain anything let alone everything.  All I have is my journal with so many precious memories written down and I pray that I will have a good memory that I can share everything with you someday.  And I have so many photos that mean so much to me.


                                                           Saying goodbye to my first district.


                                           Hamburg Distrikt für immer! (Hamburg District forever!)



 Saying good bye to my "Langenhorn Grandparents" .Schwester Neilsen is back out of the hospital and back home again which makes me happy.  I love them both so much.


                                                                    Goodbye Mirja!!


                                                                   So much luggage!!






Bruder Wolff!  This photo makes me want to cry . . . reminds me too much of Langenhorn.



                                                              Our last day together!!


Goodbye Eric! I am so glad I was able to see Eric Tuesday morning and say goodbye before heading to Berlin.


Schwester Glen, also like a mother and grandmother.  She insisted on going to the train station with us so that we didn't have to go alone.  She treated us to lunch and we just love her. 





 I was so sad to leave Langenhorn, but I was so happy at the same time.  New adventures, new people, new experiences.



                                                                       Love this girl!!


                   Goodbye to Elder and Sister Nuttall and my dear companion, Sister Darrington.


                                         Elder Gibson and me. He has been a great district leader.


                                            All Aboard!! Off to new adventures in Berlin!!


 Saying my last goodbyes in Hamburg last Tuesday . .  . I can't believe that was just a week ago.  Feels like a dream.  

Saying good bye to Ab** was really like saying goodbye to a brother.  A brother I'm not sure I'll ever see again.  I listened to/watched a video on my camera just last night.  "God Be With You Till we meet again."  We are singing together for the last time, and the camera is turned to the scriptures and my precious golden star.  Till we meet again.  Everybody said it is not goodbye, just see you later.  It's not "tschüß" but "Aufwiedersehen."  Lump in my throat.
 He gave me his last words.  I was going where God wanted me to be.  He never thought the day would come that I would leave.  I left him with an envelope of photos and I wrote a few last words.  I wrote out the words to Doctrine &Covenants  78:18. " And ye cannot bear all things; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours."   

I gave him something special to remember me by….something that was given to me by someone dear to me. . He cradled it like a treasure in his hands. He held it up to his heart. “I will keep this forever. I will keep it safe for you.”Shaking his black, coarse hands. Giving him a big hug.  Good bye?  Or just “see you later?”


                                                                           Abel . . . :(

                                                      "I love you my brother Abel."  Alma 17:2-3

 "Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had  searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.
 But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and  fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with  power and authority of God." (Alma 17: 2-3)



Good bye J**  Read with him in Alma 32.  Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge, therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen which are true.  Please let us see each other again, still united in faith.  Great big hug.  



                                                         J**! So hard to say goodbye!




 H** came and met up with us at the train station.  He wanted one more chance to say good bye.  There he was at the Gleis holding a wrapped flower and a farewell note.  






I am SO INCREDIBLY happy here in Berlin though :)))
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
 I am loving Berlin!  Cobble stone roads, beautiful sunsets, a multicultural people.  

I am in Lankwitz now.  I AM SO HAPPY HERE. May be more multicultural than Langenhorn. 
 We met with people from Thailand, Egypt, Congo, Australia, and China . .
I have a lot of energy and excitement for the work. 
 Every day we have been out I have seriously talked to EVERYBODY. 
 It is so interesting and exciting, and I seriously don't know why I ever had problems with fear.  
I have to go, but I will share more next week.
I bore my testimony in my new ward yesterday and I was so grateful to stand before my new ward family.  I know that God lives and that is why I am here.

I am ready to go.  I am ready to do whatever it takes. 
Ich liebe euch! 
Sister Heidi Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment